Sourdough, Cottage Cheese & Manuka Honey.
250g Cottage Cheese
4 slices of Sourdough bread
1 tbsp of Manuka honey, slightly warmed
1 Sliced Pear or Apple
Chopped Almonds, Walnuts, Cashews or Hazelnuts
- Toast your slices Sourdough until crispy as desired
- Spread a generous amount of Cottage Cheese
- Sprinkle with chopped Nuts
- Top with 3-4 slices of Apple or Pear
- Drizzle with Manuka honey and serve warm and fresh
We like Sourdough, it is more digestible than standard bread and way more nutritious. Lactic acids in the bread make the vitamins and minerals in the flour more available to the body by helping neutralise the phytates in flour that would otherwise interfere with their absorption.
325g of Rolled Oats
125g of Coarse Ground Organic Mixed Nuts
3 Apples peeled and coarsely grated
500ml of fresh Orange juice
100g of mixed dried fruit (sultanas, apricots, dates, etc.)
150g of Manuka Honey
1 tbsp of Ceylon Cinnamon
100ml of Crème Fraiche, or
150g of Natural organic yoghurt or Greek yoghurt
300g Fresh Fruit
- Mix all base ingredients together and do not touch(!) for at least 24 hours.
- Combine one or two of the mixers with 350g of the base recipe as desired for your breakfast.
Swiss physician Maximilian Bircher-Brenner first developed Muesli for his patients around 120 years ago and is still a very popular breakfast throughout the world. His original recipe had more fresh fruit than grain. Our muesli has its own fan club, and is a twist on the classic recipe. Our Bircher Muesli has more flavour, which together with the power of Manuka Honey will give your morning a boost.
Manuka honey, Oat Milk & Pumpkin Seed Smoothie
125ml of Oat Milk
200ml cups of Water
Handful of raw Pumpkin Seeds - soaked overnight in water, drain & rinse well.
1 tsp of raw Cacao powder
1 tsp of Manuka honey
½ tsp Ceylon Cinnamon
Pinch of Sea Salt
- Add the water, oat milk and pumpkin seeds and blend a few minutes until smooth.
- Then add the remaining ingredients, including the Manuka honey and blend for a minute or so. Place in the fridge to chill and take it with you to work.
To accompany the benefits the Manuka Honey, Pumpkin seeds are a good source of antioxidants, zinc & fatty acids, and the Cacao powder is bursting with Magnesium, Iron and Flavonoids.