Why not enjoy fluffy pancakes, berries and honey as a great way to start your day?
This recipe is easy to make and ready in under 30 minutes and includes special Manuka honey as a luxurious addition.
• 315ml semi skimmed milk (or non dairy milk of choice)
• 250g plain flour
• 1 large egg
• 40g sugar
• 4 tsp baking powder
• Manuka honey
• 45g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
• 1/2 tsp salt
• A few drops vanilla extract (optional)
• Sunflower oil to fry
1. Place the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and whisk to stir together
2. Put the milk, egg and vanilla extract in a measuring cup and lightly whisk together
3. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Pour in the wet ingredients. Mix until fairly smooth
4. Add the melted butter and mix in. Leave to stand for 15 minutes
5. Wipe a little oil around the frying pan. Heat and ladle in the batter. Leave space between the pancakes so you can flip them
6. Cook over medium-high heat for a couple of minutes until bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes. Flip and cook for a minute longer on the other side until golden. Repeat using all the batter adding a little more oil if needed
7. Serve with sliced strawberries and chopped nuts and liberally drizzle with Manuka honey to your preference.